The world is in turmoil; mass killing, genocide, ethnic cleansing, occupation of Muslim lands for natural resources, oppression, expulsions, deprivation and exploitation of innocent, Muslims by power hungry corrupt despotic rulers, greedy powerful countrymen, extremist religious groups and Neo-colonial powers has reached unprecedented level. People are perplexed, they want to get out of this quagmire but there is no way out in sight.
The quest for "Peace and Justice" is exploited by foreign sponsored extremist in the name of religion to recruit Jihadists for power, plunder and exploitation. It adds fuel to fire and provide lame excuse, justification for more oppression and killing of Muslims by the enemies of humanity.
Most of Muslim rulers & leadership have been entangled to tacitly serve agenda of hostile powers, just to protect their rule. The Muslim countries which were relatively strong and wealthy have been systematically dragged in to sectarian, ethnic & tribal civil war and breakup, thus adding fuel to fire.
World peace is not achievable while 1.5 billion Muslims, rich in culture, history and resources are kept in state of turmoil, none will be secure and safe. Hence there is need for the intellectuals, thinkers and all those feeling distressed, to come forward to work out short and long term "Methodology for sustainable Peace" to meet the challenges at present and future. It shall help to make a safe and peaceful world for the humanity.
Peace Forum Network, is a non profit e-Forum for knowledge and understanding; humanity, religion, science, society, culture, ethics & spirituality for peace.
Peace can be achieved by adherence to following Golden rules of ethics and morality:-
- خُذِ الْعَفْوَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْعُرْفِ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْجَاهِلِينَ
- Be tolerant; enjoin what is right; and avoid the ignorant (Quran 7:199)
- “...and you should forgive And overlook: Do you not like God to forgive you? And Allah is The Merciful Forgiving.”[Qur’an;24:22]
- “..be good to your parents, kinfolks, orphans, the helpless, near and far neighbors who keep company with you..” [Qur’an;4:36].
- “.. Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyselfs..”(Matthew 22:39-40, similarly Leviticus 19:18)
- "All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. for this is the law and the prophets.[Matthew 7:12 similarly see Luke 6:31]
- "What is hateful to you, do not to your fellowmen. That is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary": Talmud, Shabbat 31:a
- “You like for the people what you like for yourself, and you dislike for them what you dislike for yourself.”[Sayings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)Al-Tirmidhi Hadith,11, 1334]
- "One should never do that to another which one regards as injurious to one’s own self. This, in brief, is the rule of dharma. Other behavior is due to selfish desires. [Brihaspati, Mahabharata (Anusasana Parva, Section CXIII, Verse 8]
- "Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself." [Confucius, Analects XV.24]
- "What you do not want to happen to you, do not do it yourself either. " [ Sextus the Pythagorean]
- Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful.[Udanavarga 5:18 Budhaism]
- "Whom should I despise, since the one Lord made us all [Var Sarang, Guru Granth Sahib, tr. Patwant Singh, —p.1237]
The Forum is managed by Aftab Khan, a freelance researcher and writer. His work is published regularly in renowned magazine, also made available at this Network, comprising following blogs. The visitors number has crossed One Million.
- Peace-Forum: Peace is a state of harmony characterized by the lack of violence, conflict behaviors and the freedom from fear of violence. Commonly understood as the absence of hostility, peace also suggests the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal or international relationships, prosperity in matters of social or economic welfare, the establishment of equality, and a working political order that serves the true interests of all.
- Tagline: USA. Conflicts, Muslim World, Power Politics, Pakistan, War of Terror, Extremism, Understanding Islam, Europe, Zionism, Interfaith, Christianity, Bible, Qur'an, Islam, Islamophobia, Crusades, Middle East, الشرق الأوسط, History, Religion and Reason, Democracy, Israel, Human Rights, America, India, Globalization, Palestine, Jews, Revival. More <<http://peace-forum.blogspot.com>> & <<http://endeavour-peace.page.tl>>
- Faith Forum: This site is focused on three Abrahamic religions. Over 250 ‘Posts’ provide additional information on contemporary issues. Over 200 pages with drop-down menu at top provide sufficient information on the variety of subjects of interest grouped in 60 categories and 200 tags. These pages are also visible as hierarchy in secondary side bar, visible only at home. More << http://FaithForum.Wordpress.Com>>
- Free Books & Articles: Here the books and articles by Aftab Khan and selection form other authors on Religion, Theology, Mythology, Atheism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Power Politics, Jihad, Extremists & related general topics are available for online reading or download with choice of formats. <<http://freebookpark.blogspot.com>>
- Islam 4 Humanite: The eternal message of Quran, basis of Islam for humanity: “O Prophet (Muhammad), surely We have revealed to you the Book (Quran) with the truth, for the instruction of Mankind. He who follows the Right Way shall follow it for his own good; and he who goes astray shall do so at his own peril. You are not set up as a guardian over them.” (Qur’an;39:41. “To you, O Muhammad, We have revealed this Book with the truth. It confirms whatever has remained intact in the scriptures which came before it and also to safeguard it”. (Qur’an;5:48) <<http://islam4humanite.blogspot.com/>>
- Bible, Christ & Christianity: The Christianit y and its relationship with Jesus Christ and Bible: "I ALONE AM GOD! I AM GOD and there is NONE LIKE ME"[Isaiah 46:9] “There is ONE God and one mediator between God and man, the HUMAN BEING Messiah Jesus” (1 Tim. 2:5). "How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes made it a lie[Jeremiah 8:8]
- Tagline: Bible, Christianity, Jesus, Contradictions, Criticism, Trinity, Interfaith, Monotheism, Paul, God, History, Judaism, Atheism, Gospels, Paganism, New Testament, Women. <<http://bible-christianity.blogspot.com/>>
- Women Folks: Although man and woman have been created equal, but they are not identical. Both have been fashioned differently from each other, so their roles and responsibilities are also different. The variation in their functions does not imply that one is inferior to the other. Islam has offered dignity, justice, and protection to women which, for long, have remained out of their reach. They are suffering because the cultural practices have denied them the rights provided to them 1400 years ago. More <<http://Womenfolks.blogspot.com>>
- Anti Islam: FAQ – 99: After 9/11 it is trendy to blame Islam for all the ills done by few heretics who are even rejected by the mainstream Islam. The questions raised by people/ groups with anti Islam bias have been answered here. The title; FAQs-99 [Frequently Asked Questions], contains metaphorical figure ’99′ denoting large number. This is voluntary, e-Forum, for ethical and spiritual peace, to remove misconceptions resulting in Islamophobia, through conceptual insight to Islam, Christianity and Judaism in the light of Holy Scriptures and prevalent environments. This blog contains over 60 pages with drop-down menu at top, to provide answers to the Anti-Islam questions, They are grouped in 20 categories and 80 tags. These pages are also visible as hierarchy in the side bar as ‘Index: FAQs-99‘. Over 50 ‘Posts’ provide additional information on contemporary issues. More << http://Islamphobia.Wordpress.com>>
- IS, Boko Haram Terrorists - Takfiri Taliban TTP: This site is dedicated to around 60,000 innocent Pakistanis, young, old, women, children, civilians and soldiers who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks and suicide bombing by Takfiri Taliban and terrorist strikes by US Drone. Killing of innocent people is violation of commandments of Quran: "Verily, the worst of all creatures in the sight of God are those deaf, those dumb people who do not use their intellect".(Quran;8:22), "You shall not kill any person - for GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice"(Quran;17:33), "And whoso slays a believer intentionally, his reward shall be Hell wherein he shall abide. And ALLAH shall be wroth with him and shall curse him and shall prepare for him a great punishment."(Quran;4:93), ""tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter.."[Qur'an;2:217]. “My Lord, aid me against these mischievous people.(Quran;29:30). More <<http://Takfiritaliban.blogspot.com>>
- Shia Beliefs & Islam: There are over 1.5 Billions Muslims in the world, the majority Muslims follow Quran and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him], they love the Prophet, all members of his his household and companions. Muslims concentrate on practising Islam, rather than sectarianism, specially youth do not have much knowledge about beliefs and practices of Shias [a minority sect of 10-15%]. This site aims to provide essential information to the common Muslims about Shia beliefs,not to create hatred or sectarianism. <<http://Rejectionists.blogspot.com>>
- Pakistan Posts پاکستان نامه: Our ancestors expelled foreign colonial rulers in 1947 after great struggle and sacrifices so that people could freely live in peace in line with Islamic values of freedom, equality and justice, but oppressors are back through their proxies. We are perplexed the way dragged in to war of others.We must break all the shackles of slavery, regain independence and dignity! We have enormous potentials, choose competent and honest leadership. Freedom is Priceless. Here eight pages and over 500 'Posts' provide adequate resource on Pakistan affairs and contemporary issues.
- “..Allah never changes the condition of a people until they intend to change it themselves…”[Qur’an;13:11]
- "God would never change blessings which He has graced a people unless they change their inner selves.."[8:53]
- Peace-Forum Youtube Channel: This video channel has over 4000 videos on the related topics organised in over 60 playlists on Theology, Science, Philosophy, Atheism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Interfaith dialogue, debates, Ethics, Spirituality, Power Politics, World order, Terrorism, War, Peace and so on. The Video Channel has been visited by over 300,000 people up till March 2014, daily visited by people in large numbers. <<http://www.youtube.com/user/Abbujak>>
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Humanity, Religion, Culture, Ethics, Science, Spirituality & Peace
Legacy of Abraham:
Abraham [pbuh] is the common ancestor and spiritual father of Jews, Chrisitans and Muslims, his faith forms the common ground:
Abraham was neither a “Jew” nor a “Christian”, but was one who turned away from all that is false, having surrendered himself unto God; and he was not of those who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him.”(Qur’an;3:67)
“Abraham “believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.” So you see that it is men of faith who are the sons of Abraham.”(Glatians;3:6-7)
“If you were Abraham’s children, you would do what Abraham did.” (Jesus, John; 8:39).
The Basic concept of this forum is inspired by Bible and Qur’an;112:1-4, 25:73, 10:24, 60:7-9,5:82, 22:40, 45:14-15, 3:64-65,2:62, 33:39, 3:104, 103:3, Deuteronomy;6:4-5, 33:26; Psalms;14:1, 116:5, Job;23:8-9, Exodus; 9:14, 34:6-7, Psalms;, 2Samuel;7:22, Isaiah;46:5,9,Mathew;19:17-19, Mark;12:29-31, Romans;1:25].
Be it Known, That;
Islam [Surrender to the Will of God] is a universal message, which addresses all mankind. As such, it has something to say to every human being. Therefore, it does not hold anyone in disregard unless that person or group chooses to take a hostile attitude to Islam.
If one combines this with the fact that it is permissible for Muslims to marry Jewish or Christian women or eat their permissible food, it will be appreciated that Muslims do not reject anything simply for being Jewish or Christian.
Qur’an grants special status to Jews and Christian as “People of Scriptures” [recipient of earlier Revelations of God i.e. Torah and Gospel] and calls them to common grounds:
Say: “O followers of earlier revelation! Come unto that tenet which we and you hold in common: that we shall worship none but God, and that we shall not ascribe divinity to aught beside Him, and that we shall not take human beings for our lords beside God. “And if they turn away, then say: “Bear witness that it is we who have surrendered ourselves unto Him.”(Qur’an;3:64)
Muslims do not take a hostile attitude towards any person, group, race or faith unless they begin by taking hostile attitude towards them or towards their faith, because Allah says:
“As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably. God only forbids you to turn in friendship towards such as fight against you because of [your] faith, and drive you forth from your homelands, or aid [others] in driving you forth: and as for those [from among you] who turn towards them in friendship; it is they, they who are truly wrongdoers! [Qur’an;60:8-9]
Islam has an argument, reason and proof for everything. A Muslim, therefore, isneither afraid of polemical dialogue nor avoids it. At the same level, Islam expects reason and proof form all those who claim to advance arguments against Islam: “Tell them; Bring forth your arguments (of what you state) if you are in the right”(Qur’an;2:111)
Let’s Be Clear
What is NOT demanded by Islam!
- Islam does not demand form a Muslim to give up the world altogether.
- Islam does not expect Muslims to be ignorant, lacking in knowledge of their faith and other branches of knowledge.
- Nor does it require one to make the mosque a permanent abode, never to leave it.
- Islam also does not insist that one should live in a cave and spend his whole life there —- Not at all.
Islam EXPECTS from the Muslims!
- To inhere in their best civilization and matchless culture in a manner that they surpass all the civilized nations of the world.
- They should be the most prosperous of all as far as the different branches of knowledge are concerned.
- Do not use coercion against non Muslims for conversion to Islam.
- Invite the humanity towards Islam, by conveying the message with wisdom, peacefully, in a logical and convincing way. They should argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious.
- To use the right of retaliation to any injustice or oppression with equality, not exceeding the limits forgiveness and patience is however preferable.
- Not to kill the innocent people of any faith (including own self, through suicide) except by law, they don’t have to create mischief on earth by creating anarchy or disturbing the peaceful coexistence.
- Warfare against injustice and oppression and self defence is permissible, to be declared by the Islamic State but the rules lay down for its conduct by Shari’a (Islamic Law) be strictly adhered to. Those who surrender or do not fight or remain neutral are not to be disturbed. The prisoners are to protected and provided peace and security.
- To fulfill all bilateral and international accords (like UN Charter) for peace and stability of humanity.
- To treat all members of society with equality fairness and justice.
- Non Muslims in the Islamic society enjoy complete protections and freedom to practice their faith.
- The places of worship of other religions are to be protected.
- Do not abuse or degrade the god/ gods of non Muslims.
The Six Articles of Faith and Five Pillars of Islam
“If Thy Lord had so willed, He could have made Mankind one people: but They will not cease to dispute.”(Qur’an;11:118),“The One Who created death and life, so that He may put you to test, to find out which of you is best in deeds: He is the All-Mighty, the All-Forgiving.”(Qur’an;67:2)
The Root of Affirmation of ‘Islamic Faith’ is based on the conviction upon unity of Allah (Tawheed). In order to be a Muslim one has to believe in the Six Articles of Faith, which has been repeatedly mentioned in Qur’an at;24:62, 2:136,177,285, 4:136, 3:114, 4:78, 54:3, 17:99, 29:20, 64:67 and many other places.
The Islamic creed of confession (Shahada) is the verbal commitment and pledge to testify: “La ilaha Illallah , Muhammad-ur- Rasul-Allah” [None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah].
The ‘Five Pillars of Faith’ are the physical manifestation of combination of faith and practices, which are also the forms of worship (Qur’an;2:21, 43:64, 69:52); the first two;Shahada & Salah (prayer 5 times a day) are daily, next two Zakat (Charity, Alms) ) & Saum(fasting, during month of Ramadan) are annual and the last, Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah) is once in life if one can afford.
The six ‘Articles of Faith’ are orally confessed by the Muslims (believers), which should also be deep rooted, in the heart:
1) To affirm his/her belief in Allah (Single God).
2) To believe in His messengers (from Adam, Noah, Abraham to Moses and Jesus,25mentioned by name in Qur’an), and Muhammad (peace be upon him) to be His Last Messenger for humanity.
3) His books, Qur’an and all scriptures revealed to His Messengers which also include the original Torah, Psalms (Zabur) and original Gospel (Injeel) to Jesus Christ (pbuh).
4) To believe in Al Ghaib [metaphysical creatures] like the angels, Jinns, etc.
5) Resurrection after death on the Day of Judgment, accounting and the scales, hell and paradise.
6) The good and evil of destiny are in the power of Allah, the Most High.
If a Muslim fails to perform some of his obligations and is remiss in practice or commits some such actions as are forbidden, yet he firmly believes in the liability of all above obligations and the impropriety of all unlawful deeds, he will continue to be a Muslim though he will be a sinner: “On that Day, the scale of justice shall be established. Those whose scale of good deeds will be heavy, they are the ones who will attain felicity, and those whose scale is light, they shall find themselves in loss for they had done injustice to Our revelations.”(Qur’an;78-9). The sinners must repent: “Our Lord! we have wronged Our own souls: if Thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost”(Qur’an;7:23), “Then We have given the Book for inheritance to such of Our servants as We have chosen: but there are among them some who wrong their own souls; some who follow a middle course; and some who are by Allah’s leave foremost in good deeds; that is the highest Grace.”(Qur’an;35:32),“Whosoever obeys Allah and the Messenger will be in the company of those whom Allah has blessed – the Prophets, the truthful, the martyrs, and the righteous: What excellent companions they will be!”[Qur’an;4:69,( also,18:87-88)]
Some Important Aspects
Oneness of God: The God (Allah) is One and the Only One. He is not two in one or three in one. This means that Islam rejects the idea of Trinity or such a unity of God which implies more than one God in one.
Oneness of Mankind: People are created equal in the Law of God. There is no superiority for one race over another. God made people in different colors, nationalities, languages and tribes to recognize each other. No one can claim that he is better than others. It is only God Who knows who is better. It depends on piety and righteousness.
Innocence of Man at Birth: Muslim believes that people are born free of sin. It is only after they reach the age of puberty and it is only after they commit sins that they are to be charged for their mistakes. No one is responsible for or can take the responsibility for the sins of others. However, the door of forgiveness through true repentance is always open.
State and Mosque (Religion): Muslims believe that Islam is a total and a complete way of life. It encompasses all aspects of life. As such, the teachings of Islam do not separate religion from politics. As a matter of fact, state and religion are under the obedience of Allah through the teachings of Islam. Hence, economic and social transactions, as well as educational and political systems are also part of the teachings of Islam.
Jihad- Important Element of Faith (Ayman): Strenuous Efforts (Jihad) made sincerely for advancement of the cause of Allah, though not included among five pillars of Islam; but it is an important element of the Faith (ayman, Belief).(Qur’an;49:15). The aim of making Strenuous Efforts (Jihad) is three fold: The first and foremost is to; ‘Strive Against Selfish Desires’ (Nafs ammarah), to purify the heart, so that the faith (ayman) of Islam is deeply rooted in the heart, to become fully subservient to the commands of God and His Apostle Secondly, making strenuous efforts (Jihad) to convey the Last message of God (Islam) to the humanity(Dawah) called Bigger Jihad (Jihad Kabira)(Qur’an;25:52). Thirdly Jihad (warfare) is to be conducted by Islamic State to provide protection to Muslims and non Muslims against oppression. The specific word used exclusively for warfare is Qitaal (Qur’an;2:216-217) or Qatelu, wa-Qatalu(Qar’an;4 89-91). The warfare is to be conducted with in laid down Islamic principles. Killing of innocent people and creating mischief on earth (fisad fil ardh) for power and glory is not Jihad.
The Prophet (pbuh) & Household: Muslims extremely love the Prophet and his household, Allah says: “The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves and his wives are their mothers (Umuhatul Momineen)”(Qur’an;33:6). Hence they can not tolerate any blasphemy against them. The House Hold of the Prophet (pbuh), in addition to his wives also includes his daughter Fatima, her husband Ali Bin Abu Talib, their children Hassan and Husain. All the members of Household of Prophet (Ahl-ul-bait), were virtuous human being, they greatly contributed towards the cause of Islam. Prophet loved them all. Imam Hussein laid down his life for the just cause of Islam.
The Pious Companions of the Prophet (pbuh): The Prophet (peace be upon him) had rightly guided successors among his blessed companions, who followed his footsteps (Sunnah) to the best of their abilities in spreading knowledge, preaching Islam, and managing the affairs of Islamic State. The disputes that took place among the Prophet’s Companions were the result of sincere interpretations that they worked hard to reach. Whoever was right among them will be rewarded twice, and whoever was wrong among them will be rewarded once and his mistake will be forgiven. It may not be appropriate for any believer to criticize them rather they deserve of beautiful praise. (Qur’an;7:42-43, 57:10, 9:100 & 59:10).
* * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Humanity, Religion, Culture, Ethics, Science, Spirituality & Peace
Aftab Khan is a free lance researcher and writer, managing “Peace Forum NetWork”, a non profit e-Forum for ethical & spiritual peace. At the end of Army service joined corporate sector but now devoted to research, writing & blogging. Collection of eBooks and articles are freely available at PEACE FORUM NETWORK , websites & webpages, with over a million visits/hits.
PEACE FORUM NETWORK
Over 1,000,000 hits/Visits
Google+ Community: http://goo.gl/8PQzj
G+ : https://plus.google.com/+AftabKhan-PeaceForum